Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Week 8 - Online Applications & Tools

It's great to be able to manipulate the same documents/ spreadsheets/ presentations from any computer using these online application tools. I used to save my incomplete work and library photos taken on my digital camera onto my flash drive to work on elsewhere. I can now easily upload files etc from home and access them at work place. I had a look at Zoho writer. The features are similar to Google Docs. Since I already had an account with Google, I decided to stick with it.

Here’s a simple coconut cookies recipe from a colleague at Central Library compiled in Google Docs:



Coconut Cookies


Makes 16 - 18


100g Butter

1 cup sugar

1 egg

1 cup flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

Salt

2 cups desiccated coconut (long strand)



Cream butter and sugar

Add egg, mix well

Add dry ingredients

Stir in coconut


Place heaped tablespoonfuls of the mixture
onto a prepared baking tray, leaving a little
space between them to allow for spreading.


Bake in preheated oven at 180ยบ C for 12 – 15 minutes









1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great work, and recipe look yummy :)