Friday, December 7, 2007

Week 9 - YouTube

Week 9 – YouTube

I visited YouTube and was amazed at the number of video clips that could be found. There were many interesting ones. No wonder I can spend hours in front of the computer! I especially like the music category. I found an old time favourite video clip, "Singing in the Rain" by Gene Kelly, which I have embedded in this post.


How could the library use YouTube technology? Well, a video clip with an introduction to ACL and our services and teaching customers how to use our website, or giving instructions on how to use library equipment for staff would be great. Maybe an induction or familiarization video clip for new staff...just a thought. We could have 'staff only' entertainment and comedy video clips that have been created and uploaded by staff who want to share their jokes or interesting things they have done.




No comments: